CWP’s Professional Development Program
CWP is a certified NCLB provider, offering a variety of excellent professional development programs for teachers at all grade levels and in all disciplines, K – 16. CWP works with teachers to develop informed and effective teaching practices enhanced by literacy instruction.
Schools can choose from the listed literacy-based programs, or CWP can work with individual schools, school districts, or ISDs/ESDs to design custom programs to meet local needs.
CWP offers graduate credit options for educators participating in professional development programs at the special cost of $85 per credit hour.
CWP’s current professional development programs include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Teaching Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum (also called “Content Area Literacy”)
- Writing, Reading and Teaching with Technology
- MAISA Reading and Writing Units K-12
- Integrating various approaches (Lucy Calkins’ Units of Study, 6 Traits + 1, John Collins, Four-Square, Four Block, with the Writing Workshop
- Teaching Good Writing and Reading Year-Round for Test Preparation (MEAP or MME)
- Customized programming
Prices for Professional Development:
Full Day: $800 plus mileage and materials (per person)
Half Day: $400 plus mileage and materials (per person)
For further information, contact:
Lynn Chrenka, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)